Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: IT, Cloud Services
If you are looking to join a fast-growing company of talented engineers and business people helping customers build revolutionary products in the Cloud, Sturdy is the place for you. You’ll be part of a team helping businesses achieve what's possible in the market-leading Amazon Web Services Cloud. We strive to delight our customers with our technical leadership, services, and products. We do that by taking care of our people, nurturing our passion for cool technology, remaining agile, and having fun!
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing Cloud services practice. You will play a pivotal role in shaping and growing our marketing efforts from the ground up and be responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and executing communications activities from beginning to end. This is a new position, working closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing, the executive team, and external resources. You’ll build program objectives, timelines, deliverables, and success metrics.
You’ll be responsible for integrated campaigns, managing content on and off our website, and for driving brand consistency in all marketing channels. Additionally, you will create and execute marketing communications plans to drive attendance to strategic events.
You are detail oriented with strong copywriting and organizational skills, with experience articulating technical concepts. You’ll collaborate to write and produce various types of technical content which will expand our digital footprint, awareness, and social interactions.
- Work with our Executive team to develop and execute effective marketing communications initiatives
- Be directly responsible for the creation, implementation, analysis, and management of campaigns
- Program “thought leadership” content across various channels, including social media, blogs, emails, case studies, and press releases
- Maintain a master calendar to track campaigns/activities and manage monthly spend and forecasting
- Monitor qualitative and quantitative success metrics
- Explore new ways to reach and engage our target buyers
- Develop a multi-channel strategy to drive awareness, interactions, and qualified leads
- Research and analyze trends and best practices in digital content creation and distribution, making recommendations to drive results.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, public relations
- 3-5 years of B-B marketing experience
- Superior copywriting/editing/proofing skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of best practices in traditional and digital marketing
- Excellent communicator with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Content marketing experience
- Lead generation and tracking experience
- Experience managing company website
- Experience driving live and online event engagement
- SEO/SEM experience
- Strong analytical, collaboration, and project management experience
- Understanding of branding concepts and strategies
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort tackling ambiguity
- Proficiency using social media tools (e.g. Hootsuite, SproutSocial) to monitor social media conversations
- IT, Software, and or SaaS marketing experience
- Proficient in leveraging email marketing or marketing automation tools (e.g. Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot, ExactTarget, Mail Chimp)
- Experience using A/B Testing tools
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to turn analysis into effective execution
- Knowledgeable on lead acquisition best practices, technologies, and trends
- Ability to collect and use customer insights to drive strategic decisions
- Tradeshow experience a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- Basic HTML
Full-time, direct hire only.
Must be able to work in our Irvine, CA office (no remote)
*no recruiters please*