DevOps Engineer with Linux experience? Sturdy Networks is growing and we need you!
At Sturdy Networks you will be part of a team helping businesses achieve what's truly possible with full automation and deployments allowing servers to heal themselves in addition to dealing with our managed customers. Every week is different and the problems we need to solve are always evolving. We have deep experience applying DevOps techniques in virtually every industry. We know and understand DevOps. We build solutions using infrastructure-as-code so our customers can refine and reuse these processes again and again - all without having to come back to us for additional deployments.
You're good at…
- Linux administration, automated deployments, Bash scripting, Python
- Solid understanding of the overall AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, etc.)
- AWS Identity and Access Management
- Proficiency in networking and network security
- Microservices architecture
- Web / application servers and load balancers such as Amazon ELB, HAProxy, Tomcat, Nginx
- Service architecture and containerization, such as Docker, LXD
- Configuration management frameworks such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- GitHub and Jenkins based Continuous Integration/Deployment
- CloudFormation, Terraform, some other infrastructure-as-code system, or the willingness to learn
- Various monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Nagios, Sumo Logic, Datadog, New Relic
- Finding Waldo in our employee handbook
Technology changes quickly and adapting to new environments is paramount to success. Therefore, being a master of a specific technology is less important than a willingness and passion to learn.
Things we hope you'll love…
- Excellent compensation, medical, dental, 401K, and all sorts of benefits you’d expect (and many you almost certainly don’t!)
- An influential position on a quickly-moving team
- No middle-management, you'll work closely with your peers on a small, high-functioning team
- Opportunities to work with brilliant people who also like to have fun
- Amazon training and certification testing
- Excellent career growth opportunities
Travel: not often, if ever.
Must be able to work on-site in our Irvine office.
No recruiters, direct hire only